Friday, March 4, 2011

Reformed in Abilene



SEPT 9- OCT 28, 2010

Good grief, I'm playing catch-up....months of activity I never got around to putting on this blog. Had a small but sweet show at the Center for Contemporary Art in Abilene, TX. It was also a good premiere for the NOVEMBER Chlora book online (which of course is still in process). We used some of the furnishings Corky Cunningham made for the installation, several of the same pieces from the MAC "Porcelain Reformation", plus a few brand new ones.









Carol Windham was my host for this exhibition, and staying out at her Seven Hearts Ranch in Clyde was an amazing experience...I had no idea the land would be so jewel-like at dusk. Rick and I got to observe some real live cowboys at work, cutting through cattle, vaccinating, whipping up the dust.
My opening coincided with a 30th anniversary of outdoor sculpture in Abilene, which brought in my long-ago professor at SMU, James Surls, to curate a show and host a symposium. Abilene really knows how to treat artists right!

No comments:

Post a Comment